First impressions count, and on the web, it is the design of your website that first grabs the visitor’s attention. The first time a visitor lands on your website is your opportunity to ‘wow’ them and get them interested in the products and service your offer.
Going online means getting a colossal and extensive market to tap into. It also breaks you free from any geographical constraints and lets even the global market be accessed which your business could not earlier. You can in fact target a market as far as the U.S. even without investing a single penny.
Yes, in a world where people stay online for maximum time of the day, a standard website just doesn’t cut it. An eCommerce website has to be considered as important marketing tool as any other. The design, layout and ease of navigation can make all the difference in converting a visitor into a buyer. So, before you start putting every little idea into the designing of your website, make sure you mull over quick tips to make your eCommerce website design ( 99medialab/e-commerce ) more practical and interactive.
1. Keep things simple and well-organised : Set up a website that is pleasing to the eyes. It should not be too cluttered or too busy. Keep things neat and properly sorted. Categorise items in your inventory or divide them by type of service.
2. Show your best products on the front page : Choose the best photos of the products you are selling. If you are selling clothes, pick the photo that will look best as the primary photo of that product album. This will immediately pique the interest of the customer and will start the ball rolling.
3. Navigation should be accessible and easy : A navigation bar at the top of the page or a menu at the side of the page should help your customers find out where exactly they are.
4. Include a search option in your website : Every eCommerce website design should include a search box. Customers are looking for quick ways to find the item they want. It is simple and straightforward.
5. Checking the items out should be simpler : Keep in mind that not all internet users are tech-savvy. You might have old clients that do not know how to navigate a virtual cart. To make things easier, your buy now or checkout button should always be present in every page. eCommerce website design is more impressive if it allows customers to shop with ease.
Tell us your vision and they will create it.
There are hundreds of companies which offer comprehensive eCommerce website design services. A dedicated team of web professionals ( 99medialab/overview ) specializing in building interactive eCommerce websites is there to help you create a perfect website that reflects just your business.
Investing in good website design could turn out to be the wisest and most profitable business decision you would ever make. If done right, it is an investment that will keep on giving you a lucrative base from which you can continue to evolve your brand and push things ahead.