When you are visiting the Windy City, there is no dearth of entertainment to keep you interested. If you are wondering what to do in Chicago, there are plenty of things that you can find to keep yourself occupied. So, when you are planning a trip to Chicago, make sure to check out the attractions mentioned below:
1. Brookfield Zoo: Brookfield Zoo, situated on the western part of Chicago remains open for the visitors all year round. You have more than 2,000 animals to see and 216 acres to roam around with your entire family. The zoo has been functioning since the last seventy years and the natural barriers such as moats familiarize you with the wild. If you have kids, they will simply enjoy their visit to the zoo. Children can interact with animals on a more personal level.
2. Skydeck on the Sears Towers: If you are wondering what to do in Chicago, you must not miss the Skydeck on the Sears Towers’ 103rd floor. You can get a view up to forty miles when you view from the tall tower. You will see Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan states along with the Chicago city. You can enjoy plenty of other activities rather than watching the cities from top. You can find some wonderful museum quality exhibits that will help you get a wonderful view of the history of Chicago as well the people who built them.
3. Shedd Aquarium: One of the largest aquariums in Chicago is the Shedd Aquarium. You can find more than 8,000 aquatic animals in this aquarium. More than 700 species are represented. You can see the deadly and sleek brilliantly colored Caribbean reef. The Marine Mammal presentation will introduce you to dolphins and whales.
4. Navy Pier: Navy Pier is another attraction that has plenty of fun and enjoyment to offer. Ferris Wheel is gorgeous and enormous that you will not get to see anywhere easily. If you are going during the summer months, packing your own lunch will save a lot of your money. It is better to head for the dinner time if you want to avoid the crowds.
5. Taste of Chicago: You must consider the Taste of Chicago in your list of what to do Chicago. It is one of the largest food fair of the world. More than 70 restaurants participate in this fair. You can enjoy plenty of free entertainment and fun in Chicago.
So, now that you have sufficient ideas about what to do in Chicago, pack your bags and head for an exciting holiday. You will come across plenty of accommodation facilities and discounts on packaged deals when you look online. You will be amazed to see plenty of exciting deals and holiday packages to suit your personal needs and requirements. Look at the list of local events online and make arrangements accordingly. You will love to spend quality time with your loved ones and family.
This guest post was written by Calista China, on behalf of ExclusiveTonight, offering you a list of different attractions to help you plan a vacation. To plan a trip to Chicago you may also visit About.com.