Incorporating task lighting into your homes is made easy with floor lamps. These sleek and slender light fixtures, when placed in the bedroom, living room etc. make reading and other tasks easy. They also elevate the look and feel of interior spaces, often giving them a bout of warmth and welcoming appeal. Hubbardton Forge ( Crescentharbor.com/Hubbardton-Forge-Floor-Lamps ), rightly known as the Modern American Blacksmiths, offers a stunning collection of floor lamps for the urbane home. Of these, the contemporary styled ones are a popular pick. They boast of clean lines, understated elegance, unique forms, and a sophisticated mix of negative and positive space. These floor lamps are often the focal point and topic of conversation in contemporary styled homes. Contemporary begins where modern left off and also brings with it, Euro and Asian influences. Here is a look at 5 stylishly unique contemporary floor lamps from Hubbardton Forge.
• Erlenmeyer – This floor lamp draws inspiration from the flat-bottomed Erlenmeyer flasks and brings it to life beyond the lab. It features a handcrafted steel collar encircling a thick blown-glass flask, and comes in a Dark Smoke finish and Clear Glass with incandescent lamping. The industrial design infused with a steampunk feel makes it an apt choice for urbane homes.
• Disq Arc – this light fixture is a modern design that also makes a big statement. It features a simple, trim less shade that can be raised or lowered as per needs, and comes in a Burnished Steel finish with Cork shade and LED lamping. It is an articulate and versatile piece that also comes with a dedicated lamping dimmer. Place this floor lamp next to your sofa in the living room, and see how conversations happen spontaneously.
• Pluto – Inspirations for lighting fixtures can come from literally any source. That is what happened when the planet Pluto got demoted to a dwarf plan in 2006. The Hubbardton Forge artisans felt that Pluto needed to be given its rightful place, and hence came up with this floor lamp that pays tribute to the planet. It is a twin lamp that showcases glass orbs, which translates as the physical representation of the support of the ‘ninth planet’ and its moon Charon. Pluto comes in a Bronze finish with clear glass and incandescent lamping.
• Facet – This one is a truly unique design and boasts of a finesse suggestive of a fine-cut gem. Facet displays an interplay of steel angles and planes, which function as the crowning jewel of a well-designed ( Crescentharbor.com/about-us ) space. It comes in a Natural Smoke finish, Natural Anna shade, and incandescent lamping, and can also be customized with Doeskin Suede, Terra Suede, Eclipse, or Flax shades, should you wish to add a burst of color.
• Mobius – This floor lamp recalls the fleeting beauty of the calla lily and fuses it with materials that last a lifetime, to bring about a stunning creation. Mobius features a flower like shade that blooms from the steel, lending an effortless beauty to any space. It comes in a Dark Smoke finish and Spun Frost shade with incandescent lamping.
Floor lamps by Hubbardton Forge are one of a kind products that exude an unmatched beauty. Hand forged by artisans in Vermont, these light fixtures transform any regular homes into a striking space that draws praise from guests and hosts alike.